The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel takes pride in holding itself responsible for the environmental impact on all aspects of our operation. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council and is Virginia Green certified for the hotel and for Boxwoods Restaurant.
We are committed to the following sustainable measures:
- Encourage reduction, reuse, and recycling in our everyday operation. Our state-of-the-art single stream-recycling unit allows us to increase the amount of materials to be recycled daily.
- Maintain our grounds and buildings in a sensible way to preserve our pristine environment.
- Educate employees on their responsibility for the use of resources, including water and energy conservation. We have our own Green Team of Managers and Associates to assist in driving our efforts.
- Promote and support other environmental organizations to further the research, education and standards. Establish goals and measurements through the implementation of a comprehensive environmental management plan.
Mason Inn's commitment includes initiatives such as the following:
- Water saving shower heads in guest rooms
- Motion sensors for every room to save power
- Recycles mixed paper, bottles, cans and printer cartridges
- Marble coutertops from recycled materials
- Floor to ceiling window for energy efficiency
- Energy efficient lighting
- Soap recycle program to help those in need
- Conservation program for sheet and towel reuse
- Sugar-cane to go containers from recycled materials
- A Chef's herb garden to reduce transportation costs
- Part of George Mason University's AE Green Program which includes extensive initiatives to protect the environment
Ask us how you can host a Green Meeting! We do it everyday and I know that you will like the results and the positive impact on the environment.